Wednesday 8 September 2010

The Ordering Process

OK, so I have my selection of dress at the ready, I am happy and confident with the website I intend to order from and the money is sitting in my bank just waiting to be spent on the ultimate buy of my life so far (well except for the house that is!!!).

I decided to go down the route of having a dress customised to fit me exactly, i.e. custom measurements as opposed to the standard UK sizes.

The reason for going down this route is simple. I want my dress to fit perfectly. Going by the UK 'standard' sizes listed on the website my actual measurements could be anywhere from a size 14 to a size 24!!

The only problem with going for this option is the fact that, as it is custom made for your measurements and your measurements only, if it doesn't end up fitting you correctly you may not return it according to their t & c's.

Obviously once the dress has arrived, assuming the measurements aren't too far off your actual size then I am more then willing to get the dress altered by a local seamstress. After all, with saving so much money on buying the dress cheap I really don't mind spending a little extra on getting it perfect. If, that is, it isn't already perfect:)

So, I decide that I definitely need help with my measurements as I can't measure myself accurately. This is where my good old nanny came into play!

Once all measured (this is actually quite a lengthy process if you want to get it perfectly correct and accurate), I then order the dress, pay via paypal and email my measurements (as per the form supplied within the website).

The measurements that are needed quite varied and I was quietly reassured by this. My thinking of it was that with so many measurements required of so many body parts the dress has got to fit at least a few places correctly!

After my bit was all done and dusted I wondered as to when or whether I would hear back from them with some form of confirmation. To be honest I wasn't hopeful that I would hear back instantly but I was secretly hoping that I would be slightly surprised and they would email me back promptly, confirming my special order.

I wasn't disappointed. First I received my paypal receipt, which is a usual standard procedure. This felt like a security blanket in case any disputes came up at a later date. I would certainly recommend using paypal, as I find their customer service to be of a pleasing standard and, as mentioned before, it just gives you that extra little 'piece of mind' when buying products on the internet.

The next day followed an email confirmation from the website. The details were a little brief, or maybe just to the point rather. It clearly confirmed what I had ordered, dress design, colour and 'custom size', which led me to believe that they had at least received my email in regards to my measurements. It also informed me of the delivery schedule, 6-7 weeks, which I had been expecting. There was also mention of them emailing me a tracking code as and when they send out my dress so I can track the delivery of my dress. I thought this was an excellent and valuable idea. I know as soon as they give me that tracking number I will be addicted to the updates, following my dress half way around the country in angst and anticipation!

I had also ordered, at the same time, an underskirt (3 hoop) which cost an additional sum of money but was still extremely reasonable. There was no mention of this in my email confirmation although my paypal receipt had stated the correct amount I had paid.

Trying not to overly worry about this I thought of the following reasons as to why that extra detail had been missed out.

1. Maybe they were treating my 'underskirt' order as a separate and perhaps they would send the underskirt out before the dress? Hence perhaps the reason of not confirming that detail in amongst the details of the dress.

2. Perhaps, as the underskirt is just an added extra, they didn't think this as of any particular importance compared to my dress details so didn't include that information on the email. Hopefully though, they will have acknowledged it and just send it along with my dress.

3. Maybe they don't send confirmations for underskirts? Ok, kind of clutching at straws now, but hey, it's got to be worth a least a thought!

With these reasons being noted, I will I'm sure, be in contact with the company within the next few weeks just to make sure they know to send my underskirt along with my dress.

Panic over....for now!

www.yourbridalwear.com - The site I have personally ordered my dress from!

No comments:

Post a Comment